counteR

blogspot stats

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Future Tense

Future Tense
(example : to go)

Future Simple

Affirmative

Negative

Interrogative


Long Form

Contracted Form


I will go I will not go I won't go Will I go?
You will go You will not go You won't go Will you go?
He/she/it will go He/she/it will not go He/she/it won't go Will he/she/it go?
We will go We will not go We won't go Will we go?
You will go You will not go You won't go Will you go?
They will go They will not go They won't go Will they go?

Future Continuous

Affirmative

Negative

Interrogative


Long Form

Contracted Form


I will be going I will not be going I won't be going Will I be going?
You will be going You will not be going You won't be going Will you be going?
He will be going He will not be going He won't be going Will he be going?
We will be going We will not be going We won't be going Will we be going?
You will be going You will not be going You won't be going Will you be going?
They will be going They will not be going They won't be going Will they be going?

◊ The Future Simple (I will go) is used :
* for predictions : what you think will happen or what is certain to happen :
You are going on a long flight. You can say: "I will be tired after my long journey".

* for spontaneous decisions or offers (a decision made at the time of speaking):
With a group of friends, the phone rings. You say: "I'll answer it!"

◊ The Future Continuous (I will be going) is used to refer to a future continuous action.
* You are going on a long flight. You can say, for example:
In two hours' time, I will be having lunch on the plane/ I will be flying over London/
I will be reading a newspaper/ I will be sleeping/ I will be watching a film, etc.

www.learn-english-today.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates