counteR

blogspot stats

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Present Continuous

The Present Continuous is used :

● To talk about continuous activities :
1) at the time of speaking :
- I am reading this page now.
2) around now,
in a more general sense :
- I am learning English this year

To talk about planned future arrangements :
- Next month I am spending my holidays in Australia.
I have already booked my flight.

- Our neighbours are coming to dinner tomorrow.
They have accepted our invitation.



Present Continuous Tense
(example : to play)

Affirmative

Negative

Interrogative


Long Form

Contracted Form


I am playing I am not playing I'm not playing Am I playing?
You are playing You are not playing You're not playing Are you playing?
He/she/it is playing He/she/it is not playing He/she/it's not playing Is he/she/it playing?
We are playing We are not playing We aren't playing Are we playing?
You are playing You are not playing You're not playing Are you playing?
They are playing They are not playing They aren't playing Are they playing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Template by:
Free Blog Templates